This time of year we are often filled with feelings of appreciation and thankfulness. As parents and educators, we can use this as an opportunity to teaching our children how to be grateful, now and throughout the year:
- We can model gratitude by saying "thank you."
- We can help our children articulate one thing they are grateful for each morning.
- We can have our children write letters of gratitude to those that have positively impacted or influenced their lives.
- We can express our appreciation towards our children.
- We can make lists with our children of what we are thankful for in life.
- We can serve and give to others as a family or class, providing perspective for our children.
Giving thanks and expressing our gratitude can be learned through regular practice.